Part of sustaining the Domestic Violence Housing First approach is to support survivors to become stable in the long term.
Sustainability for survivors
Access to resources, connection, money, and community support has a lot to do with long-term safety and stability. Create community connections and help survivors navigate systems:
- Economics: income and employment
- Safety: stable housing in safe communities leads to safety.
DVHF is proven to be a successful and sustainable approach to working with survivors. The keys are:
- Diversified funding and a strategy for talking to your community.
- Using good messaging and data in conversations:
DVHF in action
- Examples of programs who have successfully implemented and sustained the DVHF approach