Part of sustaining the Domestic Violence Housing First (DVHF) approach is to support survivors to become stable in the long term.
Sustainability for survivors: Access to resources, connection, money, and community support has a lot to do with long-term safety and stability. Create community connections and help survivors navigate systems:
- Safety: stable housing in safe communities leads to safety.
DVHF is proving to be a successful and sustainable approach to working with survivors. The keys are:
- Diversified funding and a strategy for talking to your community.
- Use good messaging and data in conversations:
- Closing the Gap: Integrating Services for Survivor of Domestic Violence Experiencing Homelessness
- Preventing Family Violence: Community Engagement Makes the Difference