Consider these ideas for developing diversified funding and community support for the Domestic Violence Housing First model.
Diversified funding resources
- Evaluate your place at your County’s planning table(s) for federal, state,
and local housing/homelessness funds. If you’re not already participating,
find out where and when the meetings are. If you’re already at the table,
make sure that the voices of DV survivors are heard in the planning process.
- For specific public funding information, check out these websites:
- Identify which private foundations in your region might be interested in
domestic violence and homelessness. Reach out to the contact people,
invite them to your program, and discuss your ideas.
- Review your donor base and consider adapting fundraising events and
appeals for new service delivery strategies.
Talk to your community
- Educate your funders, public and private, about this flexible approach to
services and funding.
- Host funders at agency information events.
- Provide alternative ways for community groups to become involved in
survivor support such as adopting survivor households to help with new
apartment set up.