Take action for Domestic Violence Action Month!
Welcome to our 2023 Domestic Violence Action Month Guide! Below you’ll find resources you can use to engage and take action in your community.
Learn how you can help someone in your life with our Friends and Family Guide
We learned a lot during the pandemic about the power of connection. If someone is having a hard time in their relationship, you can be a lifeline. Check out our Friends and Family Guide for how to help someone in an abusive relationship. Also available en espanol. Our update includes practical tips for staying connected. Check them out!
Join the conversation and learn at DVAM webinars and events!
Register for a Domestic Violence Action Month webinar or event to learn from advocates, survivors, and community organizers about ways we can all show up for domestic violence survivors and our communities.
- October 2: Reclaiming the Sacredness of Tribal Women: Honoring the Words of Tillie Black Bear with NIWRC
- October 11: Webinar with UTOPIA Washington – Registration Coming Soon!
- October 18: Reclaiming Women’s and Survivors’ Voices to Re-center Indigenous Advocacy
- October 30: Domestic Violence Action Month: Owning Your Story, Claiming Your Power
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month events with the National LGBTQ Institute on Intimate Partner Violence
Build connection in your community to talk about relationships
Staying connected is one of the most helpful things you can do to support someone who is experiencing abuse and to build resilient communities. When we get together to have open and honest conversations about relationships, we can help move our communities closer to safe, joyful relationships for everyone. Here are some ideas that you can use to stay connected.
Use our DVAM Social Media Toolkit
We know that staying connected is important – now more than ever! So we are continuing to focus on supporting communities to take action by promoting lessons from the English and Spanish Friends and Family Guides. Digital materials are sized for Instagram posts, Instagram and Facebook stories, and cover photos for you to use across all of your social media platforms.
Hashtags: #DVAM. #DVAM2023. #DomesticViolenceActionMonth. #WeAreWSCADV.
Make sure to tag us! @wscadv on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Image Ideas: A selfie of you at your computer, a cute puppy, a picture of you and your coworkers, or an image from our social media galleries.
Script Samples to Copy & Paste:
- October is Domestic Violence ACTION Month and everyone can play a role to end domestic violence. Check out wscadv.org/dvam to learn more! #DVAM #WeAreWSCADV @wscadv
- Domestic violence can affect anyone, at any time, and in any relationship. If you feel like you are experiencing abuse, reach out to an Advocate at @NationalDomesticViolenceHotline by calling 1-800-799-SAFE or chat online at thehotline.org, or at @loveisrespectpage by texting LOVEIS to 22522. #DVAM #WeAreWSCADV @wscadv
- It’s Domestic Violence Action Month and I want all survivors to know that you are not alone. Advocates across the state are available for support. Call 1-800-799-SAFE or chat online at thehotline.org. #DVAM #WeAreWSCADV @wscadv
- It’s Domestic Violence Action Month! I support survivors at _____________ and I want everyone to know that you’re not alone. Help is available. Call us at _____________. #DVAM #WeAreWSCADV @wscadv
- Everyone can play a role to end domestic violence! Worried about a friend or family member? Check out @wscadv’s Friends and Family Guide at wscadv.org/dvam. #DVAM #WeAreWSCADV @wscadv
Click on this link to browse our high-resolution image gallery or click any of the images below to download!
Halloween DVAM Social Media Gallery
Boo! We have a bonus gallery for Halloween inspired DVAM posts for you to share the week of Halloween!
Don’t forget to check out our activities and materials from previous years too!
- Love Like This coasters
- Love Like This coloring book
- Poster: Scarecrows
- Poster: Relationships Should be a Treat
- Poster: Fun Not Scary
- DVAM calendar template
- Window sign for supportive businesses
- Inspiring ACTION with community meetings
- Honoring lives and taking action in your community