Domestic Violence Housing First (DVHF) is a strategic initiative of the Washington State Coalition Against Domestic Violence, with support from The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Building off the success of the five year pilot project, the demonstration and research project is working to bring together domestic violence, housing, and homelessness providers, and advance a cutting edge model for intervention.
Organizations participating in the demonstration project are:
- Implementing the DVHF philosophy and approach
- Exploring regionalization across domestic violence programs
- Working to improve the responses of the housing and homelessness field to survivors
Goals of the demonstration project include:
- Improved health and well-being for survivors of domestic violence and their children
- Housing systems that better meet the needs of survivors
- Increased evidence that documents the relationship between domestic violence advocacy, housing stability, and survivors’ health and well-being.
Data from the demonstration project:
- What We are Learning: Domestic Violence Housing First
- King County Region Flexible Financial Assistance Results August 2016-July 2018
- Flexible Financial Assistance Data and Outcomes August 2016-August 2017
- South Central Region Agency Results January 2016-January 2018
- LifeWire Domestic Violence Rapid Re-Housing Project Evaluation
- Spotlight on InterIm CDA: Safe and Stable Housing for Immigrant and Refugee DV Survivors