Welcome to the Domestic Violence Housing First Toolkit!
The Domestic Violence Housing First (DVHF) approach focuses on getting survivors of domestic violence into stable housing as quickly as possible and then continuing to provide support as they rebuild their lives.
With safe and stable housing at its core, the key components of DVHF include:
- survivor-driven, trauma-informed mobile advocacy
- flexible financial assistance
- community engagement
This toolkit is designed to provide materials and resources for organizations to use when developing or implementing the DVHF approach.
- Prepare Your Organization
- Implement Survivor-Driven, Trauma-Informed Advocacy
- Implement Mobile Advocacy
- Implement Flexible Financial Assistance
- Implement Community Engagement
- Evaluate & Revise