Strong organizations are built on leadership from everyone—directors, managers, advocates, and new people with fresh perspectives. Running a domestic violence program is a difficult job. Operating a shelter for survivors fleeing from abuse presents challenges in conflict management, supervising, and morale. Directors and managers can feel isolated and overwhelmed. WSCADV provides practical help and peer connection.
- Regional Directors Meetings – Every region in the state has a regional directors group. We encourage directors to attend the meetings in your area – or travel to other regions to see what your peers are up to! Notices of upcoming meetings are sent out periodically by our executive director. Watch your email for an invite!
- Shelter Managers – We provide one-on-one support and peer learning opportunities for those who are responsible for or assist in managing shelter programs. Contact us with questions and visit our Shelter Support page for additional resources.
- People of Color & Native People Gatherings – We provide training on leadership and support for organizations and the movement to end violence. Please check the Events section at the bottom of this page to see if one is currently scheduled or visit our upcoming events page for upcoming opportunities.
- New Directors Orientation – These events are for directors that have been on the job for three years or less. Please check the Events section at the bottom of this page to see if one is currently scheduled or visit our upcoming events page for additional training opportunities.
- Access our online training courses at any time!
- Check out Super Supervision – a collection of resources to support excellent supervision at domestic violence programs.