We do not provide direct advocacy or legal advice/representation for victims, but we can help connect you to those who do! Please contact your local domestic violence advocacy program to learn about legal services in your community and check out these statewide legal resources.
We provide training and support to legal advocates to help them understand how the legal system works, how to help survivors navigate the legal system, and how to advocate within the legal system on behalf of survivors.
We listen for statewide trends and use what we hear from survivors and th
eir advocates to inform our policy and system reform efforts. We provide training and consultation to professionals working within the legal system to enhance their ability to respond effectively to domestic violence.
Some ways we do this
- Check our Upcoming Events for:
- Legal Advocate Get-Togethers—in person gatherings for legal advocates to learn and share strategies
- Legal Advocacy Call-in Shows—quarterly conference calls to talk about current issues
- Online Training Courses:
- Legal Options for DV Survivors—one hour crash course on the very basics
- Legal Advocacy Essentials—a longer course exploring the do’s and don’ts of legal advocacy offered in English and Spanish
- Protective Orders in WA: The Basics—offered in English and Spanish