We do not provide direct advocacy or legal advice/representation for survivors, but we can help connect you to those who do! Please contact your local domestic violence advocacy program to learn about legal services in your community and check out these statewide legal resources.
We provide training and support to legal advocates to help them understand how the legal system works, how to help survivors navigate the legal system, and how to advocate within the legal system on behalf of survivors.
Take our online trainings, including:
- Legal Advocacy Core Concepts — explore the essential components of legal advocacy including how to navigate the criminal and civil legal systems.
- Protective Orders in Washington State — learn about the different types of protective orders available in Washington State, as well as advocacy tips for working with survivors considering one of these orders.
- Domestic Violence Legal Advocacy Common Questions — this webinar addresses the most common questions asked by legal advocates at domestic violence programs.
View our collection of resources:
- Community-Led Responses to Domestic Violence
- Legal Assistance
- Protection Orders
- Criminal Domestic Violence Cases
- Family Law