Explore these resources for information on divorce and child custody.
- Washington Law Help: Family Law – This rich collection of self-help packets includes instructions and forms for the many types of family law cases possible under Washington State law.
- Child Support and Domestic Violence – Read these Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about seeking child support as a domestic violence survivor.
- Battered Women’s Justice Project Resource Center – This is a collection of best practices and guidance to courts about handling child custody cases involving domestic violence.
- Know Your Rights When CPS Comes Knocking – This report helps domestic violence survivors understand what their rights are in the initial stages of a Child Protective Services (CPS) investigation, and to know what Washington State’s policy is regarding domestic violence and CPS. The posters and postcards summarize these rights in both English and Spanish.
- Key points from DSHS’s Social Worker’s Practice Guide to Domestic Violence – In 2010, DSHS released the Social Worker’s Practice Guide to Domestic Violence to all Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) social workers. This is a summary of information in the guide and tips for how to use it in advocacy work.