This manual on advocacy for persons with disabilities was developed to enhance the skills of community-based domestic violence advocates. Chapters address:
- the challenges domestic violence advocates face;
- the extent of the problem of violence against people with disabilities;
- ways in which abusers use the experience of disability against the survivor;
- information on Washington community resources;
- the United States civil rights movement of people with disabilities;
- basic Washington legal advocacy information; and
- how to build allies in disability communities.