Cut off from TANF after the 5-year time limit? You can request an administrative hearing if you disagree with DSHS’s decision or findings related to your case.
Survivors of domestic violence are eligible for an extension if:
- You tell your TANF caseworker that you are a victim of domestic violence and
- You participate in domestic violence related services (like support groups or
individual meetings with an advocate)
How to ask for an administrative hearing:
- Tell your case worker within 90 days of the decision
- Your request can be verbal or in writing
- You have to say what you disagree with and why
What DSHS must do:
- Document your request on a Request for Administrative Hearing Form
- Give you information about the process
- Send your request form to the Fair Hearing Coordinator
If this does not happen, you can tell another worker.
Any DSHS employee at the CSO can take your fair hearing request.
If you need support and want to talk to someone, call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or 1-800-787-3224 (TTY)