- Domestic violence program staff may be eligible for a stipend of up to $4,000!
- Individuals apply on their own, and applications for the 1st of two rounds are now open.
- Deadline: December 9, 2022 to receive both $2,000 stipends.
- Please share this exciting, short-term opportunity from the WA Department of Commerce with your coworkers!
Staff who provide services to homeless and housing unstable people (“homeless service workers”) with an immediate economic need, an income at or below 80% of their county’s median income, and working at an eligible organization may be eligible for a $2000 stipend this fall and a second $2000 stipend six months after. This is a time-limited opportunity so individuals should apply soon!
Most WSCADV member programs are now included as eligible organizations. Even if your program’s name isn’t on the list yet, we strongly encourage people to apply anyway!
- Emergency shelter and transitional housing staff
- Mobile outreach workers
- Peer advisors
- Admin support and receptionists
- Facility maintenance and custodial workers
- Staff working directly with homeless youth
- And more…
What is an “immediate economic need”?
- Rent or mortgage
- Utilities, household bills
- Medical & Mental Health expenses
- Student loan payments
- Other basic necessities