- This event has passed.
- Looking for past webinar recordings? Check out our YouTube channel!
Suicide Prevention for DV Advocates
May 21, 2021 @ 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
This training is designed specifically for domestic violence advocates in helping think through suicide and homicide risks and interventions. Co-taught by Margaret Hobart, PhD, Andrew White, PhD, and Linda Dimeff, PhD, this pragmatic, hands-on training will focus on the following topics:
- Assessing increased risk of homicide when batterer has history of suicidal behavior, how to talk with survivors about their batterer’s history of suicidal behavior, and what to do about it.
- Understanding suicidal behavior (current and past) and how to talk openly about it.
- What we (don’t) know about risk and protective factors for suicide.
- Practical evidence-based interventions we should all know to prevent death by suicide.