Stretch! Long Time Victim Advocate Refresher & Revitalizer
- This event has passed.
Back by popular demand!
This day-long workshop is the same workshop we did last January at the Lacey Community Center. Once again, we will offer a special place for advocates who have been doing direct services advocacy for years now (3-30 years). If you have longed to hang out for a day and talk with experienced folks, this training is for you. Here’s what we’ll delve into:
- rock solid core skills and the situations that knock us off base
- liberatory practices and how to stay centered on your worst days
- self-care way beyond the bubble bath
- tough client feedback and how to ask better evaluation questions
- pushing back on yourself and your agency when you are asked to do too much
- advocacy in this age of increased awareness of and acts of racism and sexism