Legal Protections for Low-Wage Workers Surviving Violence – Spokane Valley, WA
- This event has passed.
Join us for a *FREE* training for advocates helping people who work in hospitality, agricultural or other seasonal or low wage, low visibility jobs.
This intensive legal advocacy training by the Northwest Justice Project (NJP) staff attorneys will include referral information for survivors of violence, labor rights, sexual and/or employer harassment and retaliation in the workplace, time off for DV/SA, and information on how advocates can work with NJP to help low wage working survivors to get access to legal help.
Specialized information may include:
- Labor rights in agricultural settings that impact survivors
- The Washington State DV leave law
- Legal remedies for undocumented workers
- NJP recent successes, strategy, and case priority
- How and in what case to connect survivors to NJP
- Resource sharing in languages other than English for advocates to take into their work
- VAWA policy updates from NWIRP