The strategic use of communications is integral to raising public awareness about domestic violence and creating a social intolerance for abuse.
Covering Domestic Violence
Our resources for reporters include our most current statistics and tips for covering domestic violence crimes. Share this valuable information with your local media outlets.
- Covering Domestic Violence: A Guide for Journalists and Other Media Professionals
- Current statistics from our Domestic Violence Fatality Review
- November 26, 2013 Press Release: Jacksons Food Stores Launch "Give the Gift of Peace Campaign
- July 16, 2013 Press Release: Mariners Host Second Annual Refuse To Abuse® 5K Run/Walk Inside Safeco Field for Domestic Violence Prevention
- April 17, 2013 Press Release: Majority Coalition Caucus Disregards Real Safety Threats to Victims of Domestic Violence
- January 22, 2013 Press Release: Jacksons Raises Over $155,000 for Domestic Violence Prevention
- Press Releases from previous years
Refuse To Abuse®
The Seattle Mariners partner with WSCADV in our Refuse To Abuse® ad campaign to prevent domestic violence. Each year popular Mariners players and managers serve as spokesmen for the campaign.
The Seattle Mariners were the first team in the nation to engage professional male baseball players in speaking out about domestic violence.
2013 Refuse To Abuse® Ads
Join us for the Refuse To Abuse® 5K at Safeco Field! For more info visit RefuseToAbuse5k.org.
Watch the Kiro 7 coverage of the 2013 Refuse To Abuse® 5K at Safeco Field